Run, Run to Cursor, break -Efficient Use of Ranorex function

Ask general questions here.
willmtz

Run, Run to Cursor, break -Efficient Use of Ranorex function

Post by willmtz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 pm

If I may, I have several questions I would like to role up on this one topic entry.
I start by saying that I like the capability of running/executing an rxrec module, after applying corrections, by clicking on the “Run Play” button.
I would like to ask, and mind you I searched the Forum and searched the “User Guide,” but did not find the answer; is the a button whereby the TestSuite is executed to the end from any given rxrec module? I am now down to ¾ editing of the test cases, but in order to find the next recording with an error I have to execute the entire ¾. I would like to continue from where I found the last error.

Is there a soft key/keyboard key for “Run to the Cursor” function? While one has to place the cursor at the line one wish to execute to, one also has to “right click” to select the “Run to the Cursor” function. It be nice to place the cursor with the mouse and strike the soft key with the other hand.

Now about the Break function. When recording a test scenario using the “mouse,” when running the test scenario, Ranorex has control of the mouse. In order for the “Pause/Ctrl+Alt+B” function to work, the focus has to be gained by the “Studio,” thus fighting with the test case executing over control of the mouse. It would be nice if the “Ctrl+Alt+B” would work while the test case is executing. This there any other method to “pause” the test execution?

Also, when the test is running, there is a delay timer which is displayed. At the bottom there is; " * Press "Pause" to abort, Shift Pause to skip delays. I tried this and they did not work.

While on a role; is there a way of setting the "Debug Layout" as the "default" setting? Or, might there be a key sequence to toggle between the now "Default Layout" and the "Debug Layout."

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
will

Swisside

Re: Run, Run to Cursor, break -Efficient Use of Ranorex function

Post by Swisside » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:13 am

Hello

You'll find the answers I have to give you below
I would like to ask, and mind you I searched the Forum and searched the “User Guide,” but did not find the answer; is the a button whereby the TestSuite is executed to the end from any given rxrec module? I am now down to ¾ editing of the test cases, but in order to find the next recording with an error I have to execute the entire ¾. I would like to continue from where I found the last error.
If you open your Test Suite (.rxtst) you can check/uncheck the testcases you want to run. Furthermore you can disable any module you don't want to run again (right click->disable)
Also, when the test is running, there is a delay timer which is displayed. At the bottom there is; " * Press "Pause" to abort, Shift Pause to skip delays. I tried this and they did not work.
I just tried it it works but (IMHO) only for the Delay Method
Delay.Seconds(10);
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A simple thank you always does wonders !

willmtz

Post by willmtz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Swisside, thanks. It will be lots of disabling modules, but I will do it. Is there a soft key for the "Run to Cursor" function, not that the "right mouse click" does not work?
Once again thanks.

willmtz

Post by willmtz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Swisside, thanks.
If I may, I have one other question in regard to your comment about the "Pause." Can one disable the Ranorex Test Report generation. If I don't need it, why have it generated.

It will be lots of disabling modules, but I will do it. Is there a soft key for the "Run to Cursor" function, not that the "right mouse click" does not work?
Once again thanks.

Swisside

Post by Swisside » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:05 am

Hi

Please see attachment regarding how to disable reports generation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Run To Cursor". Could you post a screenshot of it?

Regards

Swiss'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A simple thank you always does wonders !

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:21 pm

willmtz wrote: Is there a soft key for the "Run to Cursor" function, not that the "right mouse click" does not work?
Unfortunately there is currently no shortcut for the "Run to Cursor" function available.

Regards,
Robert

willmtz

Post by willmtz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Swiss and Robert your comments were all helpful.
Swiss here is the "Run to Cursor," place the cursor either at the beginning or at the end of a line of code;
Run to Cursor.PNG
Question: The code is running properly, yet there are rxrec files in the rxtst file/folder.
The image below shows the rxrec files in the rxtst file; how does this happen and is it harmful, (see below);
rxtst_file.png

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Hello willmtz,

I’m afraid that I don’t understand your question correctly. Each TestSuite consists of Recording modules. These modules again can be stored in module groups. Every single Recording as well as the module groups can be added to the TestSuite either per Drag&Drop from the module browser or via the “Add” function.
AddDialog.png
The recording is not automatically assigned your specific TestCase at a specific position as shown in the screenshot that is why I’m confused. It seems to be added manually.

Regards,
Robert

willmtz

Post by willmtz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:17 am

Robert, thank you for your response. When I looked at the images I posted along with my last reply, I noticed that the icons seen in the rxtst (Project test suite), are actually the same icon I was questioning about, i.e., the icon is the rxrec. The icons in rxtst are 4 rxrec icons grouped with two not having the red dot.
I should have opened a module to see that they are the same type of module. So there isn't a problem.
Once again thank you.