Run time error

Ask general questions here.
prasoon.jmit

Run time error

Post by prasoon.jmit » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:10 pm

Hi,

I have requirement to integrate Ranorex project with Jenkins. The build server does not have "Ranorex" installed. I have created a packages folder which contain required dll's to build the "Ranorex" solution. After using that "Package" folder my "Ranorex" solution is getting build.

But while running the Ranorex script(.exe) i am getting error. Please find attachment for the error.

Please let me what can be the problem.

Thanks,
Prasoon
Attachments
BuildFailure.png
BuildFailure.png (23.5 KiB) Viewed 103 times

Jacob
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Run time error

Post by Jacob » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi Prasoon,
When running tests from a CI pipeline, it is important that the Ranorex DLLs are installed and registered on the target machine. You can do this manually, or you can use the Ranorex Agent. More information on how these tests work with the Ranorex Agent is available here.

Another option would be to compile the Test Solution with all of the Ranorex Dependencies. This would increase the size of the executable by about 200MB or so. The down side is that (to my knowledge) you wouldn't be able to compile the executable in the CI pipeline. Instead, it would have to be compiled before-hand, and then a command could be sent by the CI pipeline to the target machine so it could copy the application and then run it with any parameters necessary. I hope this information helps!