run time license on windows server

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
gkaur3

run time license on windows server

Post by gkaur3 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 pm

I created a test on a xp machine (where I have ranorex pro) and then I exported the .exe file to our windows 2003 server (where I have just run time license). Whenever I run the .exe file from our XP machine, it runs fine but when I run it from windows 2003 server, it opens the browser but won't click on anything. We are testing a flash website. Is it okay to install runtime on a server?

Ciege
Ranorex Guru

Re: run time license on windows server

Post by Ciege » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Should be fine...

Check that you have the same versions of the Ranorex DLLs on both.
You may need to disable UAC on the 2003 server.
Do you get any exceptions when running the tests on the server?
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

gkaur3

Post by gkaur3 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:35 pm

I am not getting any exceptions. It just says "failed to find item. .....". It is supposed to find a check box and check it. The first step is to open the site (which it does open) and second step is to check a check box. Both are using same browser versions.

Ciege
Ranorex Guru

Post by Ciege » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Like I said, it could be UAC. Also, try and start the test EXE as an administrator.
You can also increase the timeout for the search just in case the other machine is slower or has more to look through.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...