RunApplication flag to run without elevation - Ranorex 9.1.0

Ask general questions here.
AslamHud

RunApplication flag to run without elevation - Ranorex 9.1.0

Post by AslamHud » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:56 am

Hi!

After downloading and installing Ranorex 9.1.0 I read the release notes. The release notes specify that the RunApplication action now has a flag to run applications without elevation.

I am not able to figure out how to use this flag. How do you use it?
The attachment 1.PNG is no longer available
1.PNG
The RunApplication action. Can not see any flag the deals with elevation.
1.PNG (3.49 KiB) Viewed 94 times

The reason I am asking is this:

Recently I had some problems with the fact that all applications, when opened via the RunApplication action, were opened with admin privileges, when test suites were remotely executed via Ranorex Agent.
This issue lead to some of our Office 365 test cases not working as intended, since they heavily relied on certain files existing in test user specific paths (that don't exist for admin users). This issue did not occur when the test suite was executed locally on a test computer.

To work around this problem I had to write a code module (with the help of people from this board), that allowed me to run applications as a specific user . This code module is rather cumbersome to use however. I think having a simple flag would make our test cases a whole lot more readable.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
2.PNG
The RunApplication action properties.
2.PNG (8.58 KiB) Viewed 94 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RunApplication flag to run without elevation - Ranorex 9.1.0

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Hello AslumHud,

You can find the flag you are looking for by expanding the Run Flags setting in the properties of the Run Application action. See image below:

2019-06-04 13_23_59-Window.png
2019-06-04 13_23_59-Window.png (3.48 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Regards,
Sean