Running EDGE (chromium) not working anymore

Ask general questions here.
Polariteit

Running EDGE (chromium) not working anymore

Post by Polariteit » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:59 am

Hi there,

If I want to run a testcase using Ms Edge (chromium) then it fails because of a strange error which gives me no clue:
Failed to open URL 'http://gdisw0602.testad.minjus.nl:9080/ ... p=digijust' with browser edge.
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\mtuit1\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC'.
It's not very strange it can't find this path, it isn't there. I tried to create the path manually, but that resulted in another error (it couldnt find the application). I'm very curious what Ranorex is looking for in that path, because my msedge-executable is located on C:\programfiles.....

We are using following usercode to start the browser:

Code: Select all

Host.Local.OpenBrowser("http://"+ TestSuite.Current.Parameters["Omgeving"] + "/navigator/?desktop=digijust", TestSuite.Current.Parameters["Browser"], "", true, true, true, false, true);
When I change the parameter"Browser" to chrome or ie, then it works fine and the browser starts. When using parameter edge, then it fails with the mentioned errors.

Do you have any ideas what I'm missing? It's very strange, because a couple of days ago it still worked fine with MS Edge.

What did I already try:
  • Uninstall and Install the Edge-plugin through the Instrumentation Wizard
    Uninstall and Install Edge again (and install the plugin of course)
    Upgrade Ranorex from 9.3.0 to 9.3.2
    msedge, chrome and ie are whitelisted
    the setting in msedge for running in background is switched off
VErsions:
Ranorex: first 9.3.0, now 9.3.2
Edge: 84.0.522.52
Windows 7 sp1

Polariteit

Re: Running EDGE (chromium) not working anymore

Post by Polariteit » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:31 pm

in addition to my previous post: I also tried it on another machine (another user). Edge was never installed on that machine, and I installed it just this morning. Also installed the ranorex plugin.

I know tried to run a testcase from my machine on the other machine, and it gives exactly the same error...