running test suite on multiple computers

Ask general questions here.
mander95

running test suite on multiple computers

Post by mander95 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:59 pm

I'm try to access the same test suite on 3 computers but the ranorex test suite can't be reached from the other 2 computers, how do I set it up so that the other computers can reach the test suite on the main computer?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: running test suite on multiple computers

Post by odklizec » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:22 am

Hi,

You should never try to run the test suites via network! This will most probably not work or cause unpredictable results. The test suites should be always started locally!

To achieve that, you should either copy all necessary files to remote computers (as described here). This is, in my opinion, easiest but also least effective option in a long term run.

Another possibility is to use a new Ranorex 6 Remote functionality (described here). It's definitely better than manually copying files here or there, but it's also not the best way how to run tests on multiple machines.

By far the best way, in my opinion, is to setup a continuous integration system (like Jenkins), where you can configure various aspects of test run and distribution of files across the test systems. Learn more about integrating Ranorex with various CI systems >here<.

Hope this helps?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration