Running testcase on an assigend tab

Ask general questions here.
pkoel@americanbus

Running testcase on an assigend tab

Post by pkoel@americanbus » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello,

I am using RANOREX 8.3.1. I have some administrative tasks that need to be done before my test case runs. These tasks must be done by an admin profile on our system. I want to create a script that does the tasks, but only after I have manually logged in. I do not want to store the sign on information for this user in the test case. I want to be able to open a new tab, sign in manually, and then have the script execute the tasks. When I try to do this, it seems to randomly select a web browser tab and then tries to execute the tasks. I usually have multiple instances (tabs) of IE, Chrome, and FF running. Is there a was to force the script/test case to run on an open tab of a web browser?

Peter

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Running testcase on an assigend tab

Post by odklizec » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 am

Hi,

I think you have two(three) options. At first, make sure there are no multiple browsers open, especially not with the same pages/tabs, which may collide with your test. At next, you can add @BrowserName attribute tho the dom's element xpath. This will assure the repo elements will be searched in particular browser (still, there should not be multiple tabs/pages open within that browser). And finally, you can add browser's process to the Ranorex white list.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration