Running tests on fasthost NX server using Remote agent

Ask general questions here.
andy.simpson

Running tests on fasthost NX server using Remote agent

Post by andy.simpson » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:29 am

Hi,

We want to be able to run our set of regression tests on our fast host nx cloud servers to ensure the deployment has been successful. We have a private VPN connection with all the advised ports open and Ranorex can see the installed agent on the cloud environment which is great.

We are however getting some errors when running the tests in the cloud, I have attached the log from the remote agent. It appears to extract all the run time files to the cloud successfully, just doesn't seem to run them. Any help would be appreciated :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vega

Re: Running tests on fasthost NX server using Remote agent

Post by Vega » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:06 pm

When you log into this specific Agent machine, check to see if the reports are being generated locally on the executing machine. Per your screen shot, I would check (I'm typing this because the source is a screenshot, so there may be errors) AppData\Local\Temp\<test ID>

The reports should give you enough info to determine the issue. If the report(s) do not exist, try running the test on the Agent machine from the above directory via command line. I only say via command line instead of double clicking the exe so that you can see any output if the test rapidly closes due to an issue such as: lack of runtime requirements or license

hope this helps

andy.simpson

Post by andy.simpson » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:55 am

thanks, I'm actually pretty sure its because although I have a cloud connection to my local VM there is/was no cloud VPN connection to the licence server so its looking for a run time licence, not finding one and failing. I have raised this with infrastructure and and post my results when I get them :)

andy.simpson

Post by andy.simpson » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:22 am

I can confirm that once the VPN had been set up and the copy licence to runtime setting was selected in general settings the tests are now being run successfully in the cloud :D