Runs in studio, hangs when run from build

Ask general questions here.
MarkPropel

Runs in studio, hangs when run from build

Post by MarkPropel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:04 am

Hi all,

I have a small test suite that runs just fine when executed within the Ranorex IDE. The code is checked into our build and compiled in a phase of our build but when that code is run from our build script one of the Ranorex steps hangs.

The step that I think is hanging is a "Close Application" which tries to find a simulation executable that is running and terminate it. I can see during the hang that the simulator is certainly not running so I expect like when this is run in the IDE that it would search for some period of time then continue. The step is set to continue on fail.

Attached is a screen shot of the step in the hang state. As you can see there is no progress bar marching across for the time out.

This step was running before without issue. We added some new and unrelated tests and suddenly this step hangs. But again running the exact same code in the IDE works just fine.

Any suggestions?

Ranorex 8.1
Attachments
RanorexHang.png
RanorexHang.png (7.25 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Simulator.rxsnp
(16.14 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

qwertzu

Re: Runs in studio, hangs when run from build

Post by qwertzu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Mark,

Could it be that you start an additional thread in your test which might still be running in the background when this issue occurs?
The interesting thing is, that it doesn't appear from within Ranorex Studio. Maybe, it's related to different privileges? Have you tried to execute the exe file of your test as administrator?

regards, qwrtzu