runs once..but not the second time!

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
Styris

runs once..but not the second time!

Post by Styris » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:33 pm

Hello,

I am testing automation on this mobile app and really I am having a hard time (very hard time) trying to come up with a reasoning for this. Whenever I record a new script..it runs the first time but never again, unless I run it from the command line. Even from the command line it would run sometimes and not other times.

I am really aghast as to why this could. Here is a snapshot of where most of the issues happen (most of my TCs start with clicking on the Help or the 'Use a different account' link)..but like I said most of the time it is not possible to even get it to run. Please help!

Also..in the same token I would like to ask: On a web you could add a control to the repo by Tracking it. How can we do the same for mobile. I tried clickin on the Track button..but it never tracks anything on the Mobile..it only tracks stuff on the computer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: runs once..but not the second time!

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi Styris,

Thank you for providing your snapshot.
It seems this problem depends on your path to the mentioned object.
May I ask you to upload your Repository (*.rxrep) file to analyze the issue in more detail?
You can also send it to [email protected] if you don’t want to post it to this public forum.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Markus (S)

Styris

Post by Styris » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:50 pm

There you go, Marcus. Please let me know if you need anything else. This is really being very painful and frustrating on being able to run the recorded scripts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Styris

Post by Styris » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:28 pm

I tried to make a Code Module for just clicking on the "Use a Different Account' to see if that would change anyhing.

Same results :-(. Any suggestion, please?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi Styris,

Thank you for uploading your repository.
May I ask you to adapting your path as follows?

Code: Select all

container[@rid='content']//container[@rid='regflow_s3_bottom_layout']//button[@resourceid='R.string.regflow_welcome_other_account']
Otherwise, I’d like to analyze the problem directly on my machine. Therefore, is it possible for you to send your application und your reports to [email protected]?
This allows me trying to reproduce this issue on my side.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Markus (S)