runtime: Reporting lacks information - What is going on?

Ask general questions here.
ThankSinatra

runtime: Reporting lacks information - What is going on?

Post by ThankSinatra » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:45 pm

Dear Ranorex-Team,

I have a question concerning the reporting which is generated by the ranorex runtime (Ranorex Testsuite Runner):

As you can see in the attached screenshot my runtime reporting is lacking information.
At the moment I think this is a kind of error or a wrong runtime set-up and that the runtime reporting should contain the same information like the Ranorex Studio reporting does.

In the screenshot:
- Why arent 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and more detailed testcases/recordings not been displayed in the reporting?
- Furthermore the testcase "Open_Browser" for example contains 4 recordings. Those recordings are displayed in the reporting, but there is no "info"-level text displayed, when opening the details for those recordings.

In General I think the current reporting just displays one deeper detail-view. Have I missed a setting?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: runtime: Reporting lacks information - What is going on?

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi Daniel.

In order to analyze this issue in detail may I ask you to forward the report and your testsuite to [email protected]?
It may be related to wrongly used Error Behavior settings of the specific test cases. In order to get a better overview about how the Error Behavior works please take a look at the following page: Test Case Settings.
The other issue about not shown info messages may be related to the IE security settings. Since we use the Internet Explorer to display the reports the security settings of IE also affects the report viewer.
May I therefore ask you to use the security settings described in the following forum thread? Reports Opens After Test Execution but is BLANK in Ranorex 4.

Thanks,
Markus

ThankSinatra

Re: runtime: Reporting lacks information - What is going on?

Post by ThankSinatra » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Dear Ranorex Team,

thank you for your reply.

Thats it, I could solve all problems with just changing the internet Explorer settings of the windows server maschine! (From "High" to "mid to high")

For other people fighting the same problem, here is a link which describes how to change the internet explorer security settings from high to mid, on a windows server maschine:
windowspro.de/tipp/verstaerkte-sicherheitskonfiguration-fuer-ie-windows-server-ausschalten

Best Regards and thanks again!
Daniel