Rx 9.1.0/9.1.1: Firefox Extension not working

Bug reports.
dugovic.milan

Rx 9.1.0/9.1.1: Firefox Extension not working

Post by dugovic.milan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:23 am

Hi, our Ranorex 9.1.x is likely not communicating properly with FF Extension and for that reason FF became a "no go" for us :cry:

ERROR: "Ranorex technology limitation"

I already tried to (none of this worked):

- Reinstall the extension
- Install the extension via file
- Make several tests with FF 67.0.4, 68.0.1
- Install FF first --> Restart --> Install RxStudio
- Install RxStudio first --> Restart --> Install FF
- Check for any error in Event Viewer (Event Log)
- Check the ongoing pipe connection Rx <--> FF Addon via PowerShell (FF is missing, only Chrome is working properly)

Code: Select all

[System.IO.Directory]::GetFiles("\\.\\pipe\\") -match 'Rx9*' 

- Check processes via Task Manager for MsgHost, which should also be responsible for Rx <--> FF Addon communication

- Check registries:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\com.ranorex.msghost
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\com.ranorex.msghost
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\com.ranorex.msghost
NOTE: After multiple tries, the registries "com.ranorex.msghost" from HKLM were saved with following value for some (unknown) reason, but this can be easily fixed by deleting "Runtime\"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex\Studio\Bin\Runtime\Ranorex.Plugin.FirefoxMsgHost.json
Anyone having the same issue? Anyone with an idea, how to solve this?
Ranorex Explorer @DVAG
Support my Ranorex Ideas & Improvements
My current approach: Ranorex 8.3.0

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rx 9.1.0/9.1.1: Firefox Extension not working

Post by Support Team » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:24 pm

Hello dugovic.milan,

It appears you have already tried several troubleshooting steps, I am curious if you open firefox and view the extensions do you see the Ranorex extension? if so can you provide a screenshot? This will tell us if the Extension is being installed at all.

Regards,
Sean

dugovic.milan

Re: Rx 9.1.0/9.1.1: Firefox Extension not working

Post by dugovic.milan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello Ranorex Support,

I already opened a ticket for this issue and had 2 remote sessions, but to answer your question...

Yes, Ranorex Addon is present at all times. The problem is, that Addon itself is not able to start any executable, hence it won't start MsgHost as well. We tried to debug the Addon and manipulate/exchange the path for different executable, but unfortunately without any success.
Ranorex Explorer @DVAG
Support my Ranorex Ideas & Improvements
My current approach: Ranorex 8.3.0