Rx8: Error-Message as warning using GDI

Bug reports.
BCTest

Rx8: Error-Message as warning using GDI

Post by BCTest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:20 am

Hi,

since the update from Ranorex 7 to 8 we receive the following warning on some Runner:
2018-01-23 08_23_04-ranorex.png
Error while validating attribute "selected" of MS-TabControl
2018-01-23 08_23_04-ranorex.png (34.15 KiB) Viewed 420 times

Code: Select all

Failed to instrument application: Could not connect to remoting service: Rx8_Managed_4600. System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Fehler beim Verbinden mit einem IPC-Port: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

Server stack trace: 
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcPort.Connect(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel impersonationLevel, Int32 timeout)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.ConnectionCache.GetConnection(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel level, Int32 timeout)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
bei Ranorex.Core.IpcRemotingService.IPingable.Ping()
bei Ranorex.Core.Injection.DotNetThingy.GetInstance(Int32 pid) InnerException: 
(This message is only shown once per report.)
We didn't got these warnings while using Ranorex 7.2 and we changed some configurations because of Ranroex 8:
  • Rx7-Studio was installed on each Runner, Rx8-Studio is installed only on one Runner for validation reason. This Runner doesn't throw the exception shown above.
  • we now use the "Copy runtime to output"-feature which wasn't available in Rx7
  • we still use some GDI caputure settings:
    - ^DataGridWndClass$
    - ^MFCReportCtrl$
    - ^MSFlexGridWndClass$
How can we avoid this exception on the Ranorex-runner?

Regards,
BcTest.

Vega

Re: Rx8: Error-Message as warning using GDI

Post by Vega » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:09 pm

I've seen this happen with Anti-Virus programs in the past, are you running any anti-virus? If so, is Ranorex and your Ranorex test executable whitelisted? Is this reproducible on other machines? Please ensure you are launching Ranorex / your test / your application under test with administrative rights (please know these rights need to be invoked, even if you are logged in as an admin. Right click -> Run as admin).

It would be extremely helpful if you are able to include a Ranorex snapshot of your application under test, especially where the errors occur:
https://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gu ... pshot.html

rappeldoorn

Post by rappeldoorn » Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 am

Hi,

I have the same error/problem,
Please help me to fix the problem.

I have included a snapshot where the error (See bellow) occurs.

Have a nice day

Greetings Rob Appeldoorn

00:07.185 Warn GDI

Failed to instrument application: Could not connect to remoting service: Rx8_Managed_7396. System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Kan geen verbinding met een IPC-poort tot stand brengen: Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Server stack trace:
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcPort.Connect(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel impersonationLevel, Int32 timeout)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.ConnectionCache.GetConnection(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel level, Int32 timeout)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
bij Ranorex.Core.IpcRemotingService.IPingable.Ping()
bij Ranorex.Core.Injection.DotNetThingy.GetInstance(Int32 pid) InnerException:
(This message is only shown once per report.)
Attachments
3.rxsnp
snapshot error
(10.95 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello!

Thank you for the information and snapshot!

In the past when we have seen similar issues it has generally been related to environment security such as anti-virus or security policies. SQLCMD seems to work through CMD which is located in a protected system directory which could definitely be related to your issue.

As such I would like to ask anyone experiencing this or a similar issue to submit a support query so that we may troubleshoot the issue within your environment as quickly as possible. You may find the support query portal here:

https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/

Please make a reference to this forum post within the ticket and I will be sure to get you taken care of!

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

-Jon