RxBrowser on ios: Select Item from DropDown

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
sceulemans

RxBrowser on ios: Select Item from DropDown

Post by sceulemans » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:59 am

I have a question regarding selecting an item in a dropdown on a webpage in the RXBrowser on ios.

I'm using the following actions to select an item (generated by recorder):
-Touch on the dropdown element (the iospicker opens with the available options)
-Invoke Select on the correct item from the opened listpicker.
-Touch on the button "Done" of the Listpicker.

When played the actions are performed correctly but after touching done the item is not selected in the dropdown (it is when executing these steps manually).

When i let the recording play until after the invoke select and then manually touch "Done" the item is still not selected in the dropdown.
When i manually select a item in the listpicker and then let the recording touc "Done", the element is selected.
So im guessing the Invoke select on the listpicker is not working correctly?

Anybody got experience with this problem? (Im trying to avoid using custom user code because my customer isnt that experienced in writing code)

RobinHood42

Re: RxBrowser on ios: Select Item from DropDown

Post by RobinHood42 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi sceulemans,

Some elements within mobiles applications don't recognize external invoke actions, e.g., the UI changes but "change"-events aren't triggered.

As a workaround I would suggest a swipe action against the element after the selection. The swipe action, which only needs to have a very short distance, simulates an actual user interaction and most likely triggers the "change" event.

I hope this helps :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Robin

sceulemans

Re: RxBrowser on ios: Select Item from DropDown

Post by sceulemans » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:37 am

Aha yes this works!

Thanks for the tip RobinHood42!