Rxlog file questions

Ask general questions here.
Aracknid

Rxlog file questions

Post by Aracknid » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,

Using Ranorex 3.3.3 on Windows 7. Using VS2012 and Ranorex API for creating scripts. When I compile the script to an EXE and run it, there's a Rxlog file that gets created. How do I prevent this from happening? I'm not using your logging, so I don't require this file. So since I'm running many scripts from a Batch file on my desktop, I end up with tons of these all over my desktop.

On a related note (and possibly the reason the log file is created), the only entry in the log file is a Warning about Chrome: "Please make sure that you have the Ranorex Addon installed and enabled in your Chrome browser......"

If I go into Chrome and check, the add-on is there and enabled, so why am I seeing this?

Thanks,

Aracknid

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rxlog file questions

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:16 am

Hello,

Rxlog files are generated if reporting is enabled (by default). You could disable this setting in the properties of your solution. It is also possible to change the Report File Directory to specify a different folder for your reports.

You could simply modify this setting (reportenabled="False") in your <Project>.rxtst file for your project.
If you want to change the report folder to store reports in C:\temp e.g. you need to add/modify this setting (reportdirectoryname="C:\temp") in your <Project>.rxtst file.

Could you please check the version of the Ranorex extension for Chrome? Is it the same version?
Please try to re-install your extension.

Regards,
Markus (T)

Aracknid

Post by Aracknid » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi,

I'm actually not using Ranorex Studio, I'm using VS2012 code with the Ranorex API. How do I tell it not to do any logging in the code? As far as I know, I've not told it to do anything related to Ranorex reporting....

And like I said, the only "reporting" is the warning about the Chrome Addin, so maybe this is not possible to turn off? It would be nice if I could...

Aracknid

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello Aracknid,

To disable generating report files you can try to add the following line in your code:
Report.Setup(ReportLevel.None, null, false);
Regards,
Bernhard

Aracknid

Post by Aracknid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, this fixed my problem with unwanted log files, only I had to use "Nothing" not "Null" for VB.net to get this to work.

Thanks,

Aracknid.