I've started testing with FF ESR 60.1 and Ranorex 8.2, and had a bunch of issue with RxPath's that have # instead of @id=.
It cannot find the items if there is a # in the RxPath.
I was using Ranorex Spy and had it open to my DOM. I edited the RxPath by appending a known path and it couldn't find the object. If I changed the # to @id=, it would work.
More specific info:
If I use Ranorex SPY and select the parent object in the Spy Tree and modify the RxPath by adding original RxPath I'm looking for to the end, it will not find it. If I use the modified RxPath I'm looking for it finds it.
Code: Select all
This is the original RxPath (couldn't find the item): //div[#'Master_IdDivContainer']/div[#'LeftSideContent']/div[#'Master_tblOverflow']/div[@id~'^Master_tblContent']/div/div//div[@id~'divContent1$']//input[@id='Master_cphBody_ProjectName'] This is the modified RxPath (could find the item): //div[@id='Master_IdDivContainer']/div[@id='LeftSideContent']/div[@id='Master_tblOverflow']/div[@id~'^Master_tblContent']/div/div//div[@id~'divContent1$']//input[@id='Master_cphBody_ProjectName']" Here's how it's being used in my code: 'oParent As Ranorex.Core.Element = Nothing 'oParent is set to this path = "/dom[@domain='vmtabld1800:8000' and @caption='MyProgram' and @page='uiBrowser.aspx']//iframe[#'contentb0089477065d4463a5be3f19c3a3a6da']" Dim MyControl As Ranorex.Unknown = Nothing MyControl = oParent.FindSingle(sRxPath, 120000)
BTW: It is not timing out. It takes about 30 seconds to find the object.
I even tried to simplify it down to just trying to find the first item in the RxPath (//div[#'Master_IdDivContainer']) and it cannot find it unless I replace the # with @id=.
I know you have had issue with iFrames in the past with FF, so I'm not sure if this is a factor.