SAPGUI: strange UI behavior when recording (the control/amodal search help could not be inizialized)

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
rschumann

SAPGUI: strange UI behavior when recording (the control/amodal search help could not be inizialized)

Post by rschumann » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi all,

I experienced a strange behavior of the SAPGUI when automatizing it with Ranorex.

Screenshot Start shows an inhouse developed transaction; when I click on the Icon next to "Buchungskreis", it uses the standard SAP search/filter dialogues and presents a selection view with "normal" tables (Normal_LeftToRight).

But if I execute the same steps in Ranorex recording mode, I get the error The Control (amodal) search help could not be inizialized. The filtering dialogue already looks different, and even more the actual selection (Strange_LeftToRight). While it contains the same data and the same selection possibilities, it's way different regarding the UI controls (lots of text controls aligned like a table, instead of an actual table control).

Once in this mode SAP continues showing the UI like this, until I close the SAPGUI and start a new session, then it falls back to the "normal" UI.

Has anybody of you encountered the same issue? And found a solution? I can deal with the different UI here, but I'm still testing und using something different than the end users. And I'm worried that this might cause an actual problem somewhere else in the future.

Thanks in advance for your comments on this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rschumann

Re: SAPGUI: strange UI behavior when recording (the control/amodal search help could not be inizialized)

Post by rschumann » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:46 am

Here are the two screenshots missing in the original post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: SAPGUI: strange UI behavior when recording (the control/amodal search help could not be inizialized)

Post by odklizec » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:01 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, this kind of problem will most probably require a direct Ranorex support assistance and remote session, so they can evaluate the problem in a realtime?

I can offer just few general suggestion:
At first, make sure there is enabled SAP scripting support (as described here).
Also, try toggling the option "Use UiaLauncher to elevate privileges for processes started by tools" (Settings >> Advanced tab). This may be irrelevant to SAP apps, but who knows? ;)
Have you tried to run your test as Administrator?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rschumann

Post by rschumann » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello odklizec,

I'm afraid it didn't work:
  • SAP scripting is already enabled, I followed both of the steps from your link. Without it, recognizing of SAP UI controls wouldn't work at all.
  • I started SAP and Ranorex with admin right, and I used both of them from within an admin session. To no avail.
  • Use UiaLauncher to elevate privileges for processes started by tools was already activated.
But thanks anyway for your suggestions!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi,

Have you tried to uncheck the UiaLauncher option?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rschumann

Post by rschumann » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:42 pm

I did. It doesn't change the behavior, the problem's still there.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:42 am

Hello rschumann,

Thank you for reporting your issue in the forum.

I can see that odklizec already suggested more or less everything that you could try without taking a direct look at the issue. Therefore, I would suggest that you contact us via our support portal so that we can investigate: Ranorex Support

We are looking forward to your ticket.

Sincerely,
Tomaž