Scaling issues on Remote desktop test execution

Ask general questions here.
albertog

Scaling issues on Remote desktop test execution

Post by albertog » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:46 pm

Hello,

When I execute the recorded Chrome test live, both on my local computer and on RDP, I don't experience any issue.
But when I execute the same test, keeping the current user session active even after being disconnected (by using batch file found in the Faq section) I keep receiving this warning:

"Error: Your DPI settings are limiting object recognition. Set the scaling of all connected monitors to 100 %."

Batch file script:
for /f "skip=1 tokens=3 usebackq" %%s in (
`query user %username%`
) do (
%windir%\\\\System32\\\\tscon.exe %%s /dest:console
)

It is not a screen resolution issue, because in the log file I print the current resolution and it's the same as in my local computer or live remote desktop session (1080 x 1920 ).
It's a scaling issue only, I don't know why scaling is being modified after disconnect even though I've set this option in the reg file:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... inserverTS
And by selecting the "Disable display scaling" option for all users (see attached image).

Can somebody please help me preventing this scaling issue?

Thank you very much
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.92 KiB) Viewed 136 times

Jacob
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Scaling issues on Remote desktop test execution

Post by Jacob » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:46 pm

Hi Alberto,

Am I correct in understanding that the test run completes successfully and that only a warning is received?

--Jacob

albertog

Post by albertog » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:39 am

Hi Jacob,

Not really - the test run fails because it cannot find some elements as scaling issue makes them not detectable on first sight.

Jacob
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi Alberto,

I completely understand. There may be another way to interact with the object, depending on what it is and your end goal. You can use the "Invoke" method in Ranorex Studio to bring the focus to that element. This should make the object visible assuming it scrolls appropriately. You could also use the "Set" functionality if you need to interact with the object. With the "Set" method, you can set the text property of a text box, click a checkbox, select an option for radio buttons, or other object-specific actions depending on the element type. So if it's not possible to resolve the scaling issue, it may still be possible to work around the scaling issue with these tools.

Both of these tools are available from the "Add Action" menu in the Recording Modules. I hope this information helps!
--Jacob