Script execution on VM terminates after some time.

Ask general questions here.
rahulcan

Script execution on VM terminates after some time.

Post by rahulcan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:29 am

Hi,

I am trying to execute multiple iterations of a test case/smart folder (say 1000 iterations). To do so, I access the VM on my machine and start the execution for 1000 iteration after a couple of iterations I close the VM window on my machine. After some time when I reaccess the VM to check if the execution is still running, I observe that it had stopped after a few more iterations. How can I make the VM execute the test case/ smart folder for the defined number of iterations?

PS. The VM has static memory allocated for it.

Could someone please help me with this? Thanks in Advance!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Script execution on VM terminates after some time.

Post by odklizec » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:17 am

Hi,

Is there an error message in Report? If yes, could you please share the error? Ideally, share entire (ziped) report.

Also, how exactly do you connect to the VM? If you are connecting via Remote Desktop, then you are most probably experiencing a problem caused by the fact, that closed (or even minimized) RD simply locks the VM and therefore, Ranorex cannot interact with UI. This is a known RD limitation. You will either have to apply some RD hacks or you have to use something else, than just simple RD connection, like VNC (which window can be both minimized and closed), Ranorex own remoting, or something more sophisticated, like continuous integration (via Jenkins, Bamboo or similar CI system).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration