Script execution slow

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
Mallikarjun.naidu

Script execution slow

Post by Mallikarjun.naidu » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:17 pm

I am using Ranorex licensed version v5.2.2 on desktop application for testing, but the thing is that while running script it is taking more time to execute(minimum one minute for one line of code).

In our excel bases application after searching one object Ranorex next script takes much longer time to find next object (i.e. minimum 1 min), Can we reduce this search time in order to run script quickly.
Currently to execute one set of Ranorex script e.g. 60 lines its takes 25-30 minutes whereas when we manually do same set of test it takes 5-10 min only.

Is there any solution or workaround to reduce the script execution time.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Script execution slow

Post by odklizec » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:19 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, we need more information to be able to help you with your problem.

At first, I would suggest you to try the latest Ranorex 5.3.2. Even if you don't have 5.3.x license, you should still be able to use it in trial mode and test how it works with your test.

At second, what technology is your SUT?

And finally, could you please post an example of the xpath your test is looking for and Ranorex snapshot of your SUT? Learn how to create snapshot here:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... files.html
If you cannot post the snapshot directly to this forum, send it to [email protected].

In general, if the xpath search takes too long, it could be caused by too generalized xpath, with a lot of "?" (optional) or "//" (search all descendants) symbols in the xpath. There are many discussions on that subject posted at this forum. Check for example this answer...
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-opt ... html#p7055
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration