Script failed within Test Suite

Bug reports.
EugeneF

Script failed within Test Suite

Post by EugeneF » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:09 pm

I have Test Suite with several scripts.
When I run Test Suite some of the scripts are failed, however they are running just fine alone.

What could be a problem?

Ciege

Re: Script failed within Test Suite

Post by Ciege » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:06 pm

What's the failure error you are getting?

The problem could be sun spots, but without seeing the failure error and a better description of your conditions it would be hard to pin it on that...
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Ciege,

Here is the error:

Failed to find item 'PIPELINE_CHashRepository.ListN1000.ListItemHome'. The folder 'PIPELINE_CHashRepository.ListN1000' was not found. No element found for path '/list[@controlid='1000']' within 30s.
Show/Hide Stacktrace
at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.Find[T](Boolean findSingle, Boolean throwException) at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.CreateAdapter[T](Boolean throwException) at PIPELINE_C_.PIPELINE_CHashRepositoryFolders.ListN1000AppFolder.get_ListItemHome() in u:\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\PIPELINE_C#\PIPELINE_C#\PIPELINE_C#Repository.cs:line 44314 at PIPELINE_C_.PIPELINE_PERSONAL_ADD_HOUSEHOLD_MEMBER.Ranorex.Core.Testing.ITestModule.Run() in u:\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\PIPELINE_C#\PIPELINE_C#\PIPELINE_PERSONAL_ADD_HOUSEHOLD_MEMBER.cs:line 174 at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteModule.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext)

Thanks.

~Eugene

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:48 pm

OK, so you are getting a not found exception... You say that this script works standalone but fails when run within a series of test scripts.
When run in series is this the first script or a successor of the first?
If a successor, is your first script leaving your AUT in a place where the second script expects it to be?
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:50 am

This script is not first one in script chain. All of my scripts started and ended on the same AUT page with the same AUT condition. So, I am easy move my scripts up and down within the Test Suite.
Other words, to answer you question - yes, previous script leaving AUT in a place where the next script expects it to be.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi,
/list[@controlid='1000']
Are you sure that the paths to your elements are always the same, even after a restart of your AUT, maybe the controlid have a different value after a restart?
You can check this, after your script failed you can identify the element, which could not be found, with Spy and compare if the RxPath is the same as in your repository or user code?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi Markus,

Yes, the paths are the same - I am able to highlight the element.
In fact, the failed scripts is running just fine right after it was stopped.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi,

Please send us a Ranorex snapshot file of the element which cannot be found?
One during the execution of your scripts and one if the scripts are not executed.
Please also take a look at the genreal troubleshooting section of the user guide, in special at reason #6.
Which .Net version are you using?
Are your application and Ranorex using the same .Net version?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team