Script is not running successfully when there are multiple iterations

Ask general questions here.
upendra

Script is not running successfully when there are multiple iterations

Post by upendra » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:20 am

Hi,
currently i recorded a script for an application and i want to run the script more than 1 iterations( e.g 5 iterations).
So i added the test data in the excel file and run the script after data binding.
I have added waitForExist statement or Delay statement as script was running very fast and sometimes Mouse was jumping out of the recorded screen/element.
I observed while first iteration is running and it waits for one element to exist and perform the operation, then in background , the 2nd iterations is running and when the wait or delay statement completed , the third iteration is starting instead of 2nd iteration.

e.g. While running , it waits for OK button( line 17 and 18 in the script) to click , in the background( means backside of OK button) it is clicking reset button( line 20 in the script) causing the failure of script or skipped the iteration.

Please find solution as an attachment.
Attachments
TPE.zip
(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Script is not running successfully when there are multiple iterations

Post by odklizec » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am

Hi,

At first, the zip you posted does not contain entire solution and there are missing files. For example, there are no xls files you are using as data connectors. It seems they are located on a network/shared drive? This is definitely a bad idea! All test and data files should be on a local HDD! Loading data from network drive could cause problems, but definitely not like the problems you've described.

Please post entire solution (including xls files), using menu Tools >> Compress solution.
Additionally, please a report file (ideally, zipped rxzlog), where we can see the error you are getting (and all steps leading to the error).
And finally, please post also a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the page in question, ideally, in state when the OK button appears. Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration