scripts are not working for WinXP

Ask general questions here.
rkarhe

scripts are not working for WinXP

Post by rkarhe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Experts,

I have developed test scripts on WINDOWS-7 platform(with 3 browsers i.e. IE9, Safari & Mozilla). When I am trying to run same scripts on WINDOWS-XP some of the scripts are not working. This identifies locator but is not working on that ex. it identifies object but is not clicking on the object. and sometime identifying but not moving cursor over the object. However there is no any exception over here.

One more issue, Win7+mozilla12 working fine but WIN-XP + mozilla12 says "Ranorex Automation is incompatible with firefox 12" though I have run the Ranorex instrumentation wizard for this successfully.

Thanks,

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: scripts are not working for WinXP

Post by Support Team » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi,

are there any error or log messages you got about this issue. Please send us some screenshots to illustrate your problem or a link to your application.
Additionally it would help when you send us Ranorex snapshot files of both systems in order to reproduce your problem.

Regards,
Bernhard
Ranorex Support Team

rkarhe

Post by rkarhe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 am

There is no logs or error message as such. As I am having running license on XP machine SPY will not work there, sending snapshot will be problem.

Here I am detailing the issue.
I have tab like element on click of which it should open a particular page. In win-7 it works fine whereas in XP what I found it identifies object but does not clicks on it. As it is not clicking its not opening the required page hence not getting object expected on that page and hence objectnot found exception(though actual error is its not clicking on that object.). Sometime this step works fine it executes but same will happen for some another object.

Thanks,

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi,

The following posting shows how you can create Snapshot files on runtime machines: Create Snapshot of Element Module : Automation Modules.
Maybe you haven't installed all prerequisites, therefore please try to reinstall Ranorex with the included "setup.exe" file, because then the needed packages will be installed too.
It could be that a different .Net version is installed on your XP machine, could it be that the client version of the .Net 4.0 framework is installed, instead of the full/extended one?
Please also take a look at the following link and read the points carefully, maybe one of the hints can help you solve the problem: General Troubleshooting.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

rkarhe

Post by rkarhe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks for reply. I shall check this and keep you posted.

rkarhe

Post by rkarhe » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Support Team wrote:Hi,

The following posting shows how you can create Snapshot files on runtime machines: Create Snapshot of Element Module : Automation Modules.
Maybe you haven't installed all prerequisites, therefore please try to reinstall Ranorex with the included "setup.exe" file, because then the needed packages will be installed too.
Which setup.exe i need to run.?
It could be that a different .Net version is installed on your XP machine, could it be that the client version of the .Net 4.0 framework is installed, instead of the full/extended one?
I have done fresh installation of .Net.
Please also take a look at the following link and read the points carefully, maybe one of the hints can help you solve the problem: General Troubleshooting.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi,

You can for instance download the zip file from our download archive and there you will find the setup.exe file or you can extract the Ranorex-X.X.X.exe file.
Here is the link to download page: Download Archive.
Did you also check if you have installed the full/extended version and not just the client one?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team