Second invocation of java ws application fails

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
kenocrates

Second invocation of java ws application fails

Post by kenocrates » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 pm

I am starting two applications via java web start by using the Run Application action and supplying the URL for the JNLP. The first action succeeds - the java application starts. The second action causes the web browser (IE) to open with the supplied URL that indicates the page cannot be displayed. If I refresh that page, the invocation then succeeds - the application is started.

What do I need to do to have the second invocation of the app succeed as the first?

I have tried having the actions in separate recordings and separate test cases to no avail. Using separate runs of the solution works but that is not workable for the test.

Platform: Windows 7
Ranorex Studio Version: 5.0.2

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Second invocation of java ws application fails

Post by Support Team » Fri May 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Hello kenocrates,

Unfortunately it is a little hard to analyze the issue. Is it possible to get access to your application or is it possible to get a sample application in order to analyze the issue?

Regards,
Bernhard

kenocrates

Post by kenocrates » Fri May 02, 2014 6:46 pm

I tried to reproduce the problem using a web start application called Organization Chart Demo that I found online at yworks.com. But it works as expected.

Since I originally encountered the problem I have downgraded from java 7 to java 6 (for other purposes). And testing my own app now works. So, this issue for me is currently not reproducible.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed May 07, 2014 9:49 am

Hi kenocrates,

Thank you for the information.
Just let me know if you can reproduce the issue again.

Regards,
Bernhard