Select dropdown listbox by InnerText

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
vision_na

Select dropdown listbox by InnerText

Post by vision_na » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm developing a script that includes selecting a item from a drop down list box. I started using the 'SetValue' action along with the TagValue method to select a item from the listbox. But I noticed that my application Tag Value and displayed value are completely different. The only way it works is if I use the 'TagValue' and in the case of the image I added this will require me to enter in '110' as the value instead of 'Corporate Tax Id'. At first I didn't think it was going to be a big deal but we have allot of list controls and the plan is do this with a data driven script, looking up what each Tag Value will take too much time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ciege

Re: Select dropdown listbox by InnerText

Post by Ciege » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:52 pm

See if this helps... You will probably need to change the Text attribute in the code to InnerText...
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-sel ... -t998.html
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...