send Ranorex reports via email?

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
hporter

send Ranorex reports via email?

Post by hporter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi, I am a new user to Ranorex, and was wondering if there's a simple way to have the Ranorex results sent to me via email. Other questions referencing this in the forum are from several years ago, so I'm curious if there's been any advancement of this in a later version.

I've also seen some blog posts (again, from a couple of years ago) referencing some code that needs to be added, but to be honest I'm not really a developer, and am unsure of how to implement this exactly. So I guess I've got two questions: is there a way to easily do this, natively, from the Ranorex Studio UI, and if not, can someone be kind enough to step me through the process of adding the necessary code? Thanks in advance!

Ciege

Re: send Ranorex reports via email?

Post by Ciege » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:39 pm

If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

hporter

Post by hporter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Can you explain this step:

"Drag & Drop the module to your test case and define the variables by binding them to a parameter in your test case"

Where and how do I drag the .cs file? I can see it in the project tree, am I supposed to drag it to another spot? And can you explain exactly how to "define the variables by binding them to a parameter in your test case"? Again, forgive my ignorance if the answers are easy.

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Unfortunately I do not use the Ranorex IDE (I use Visual Studio for my development) so I cannot directly answer your questions. However, they are answered in the online user guide.
Check here:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... dules.html
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... sting.html
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

hporter

Post by hporter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks again for your help. I used the module you provided, and with some slight modifications got it to work.