seperate recording module for each validation

Ask general questions here.
rastek1

seperate recording module for each validation

Post by rastek1 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi,

I just in process of taking over a project and I see that that created seperate recording module for each validation , without a user code.

I udnerstand they want to be indepent and reported for each validation but I think it is no sustainable, bcos of performance of tests and other things

And I know from Visual Studio tests that when there is a fail all case fails , mayube this is reason independent recording

What can I do for this ? Is there a solution ? I realy wonder your thoughts, thanks.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: seperate recording module for each validation

Post by odklizec » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:21 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, I don't really understand what is the main problem here and what exactly you want to achieve? I personally don't see a problem with separate validation recordings, but maybe I'm missing something important here? ;) Could you please elaborate, what kind of issue you have with separate validations?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rastek

Re: seperate recording module for each validation

Post by rastek » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:18 am

I just wonder real time usage of the Ranorex on big projects. We have many validation steps and in some scenerios all validations are in a seperated recording module, in its own module.

I wonder if too many recordings will be a problem in future ? I am aware there is turbo mode but I am still curious of this kind of usage.