Set Search Timeout

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
acates

Set Search Timeout

Post by acates » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Hello All:

Background Info:
I am using Ranorex Studio 2.3.8 (will upgrade to 3.1 after this project is done).
I used Ranorex Recorder to capture user actions for my AUT (application under test). If I Right-Click on any of the UI items (e.g. a Mouse Click) in the Recorder tab/file, I have an option to "Set Search Timeout." I can then enter a search timeout value in the Properties section for this item. I do NOT want to go line by line to set the search timeout for each item.

Question:
Is there a way to set the Search Timeout for the entire project / solution using code...? I'm using VB.NET as my programming language. What file would I place the code in (e.g. Program.vb, each Recording's UserCode file, or somewhere else)...?

Thanks,

- A L V I N

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Set Search Timeout

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am

Hi,

Please take a look to following post
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/what-defau ... t2054.html

For the Repository you can set the timeouts in following dialog
Timeout.png
Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

acates

Post by acates » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks for the reply...!

1. For a recording that I have already made, will changing the values on the screen shot override what is already in the Search Timeout property for each item in the repository...?

2. There seems to be an upper limit for the Search Timeout setting using this screen (60,000 ms). If this the case...?

3. Any other suggestions on how to do this...?

Thanks,

- A L V I N

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon May 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello Alvin,

The values in the dialog are default values that are used for the creation of the repository entries. After that the search timeout is stored in the repository file. You can use an external editor and change all the values in that rxrep file.

There is an upper limit in the dialog.

Regards,
Roland
Ranorex Support Team

acates

Post by acates » Mon May 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks...!