Setting Iteration Property from Test Suite Runner

Ask general questions here.
growlands

Setting Iteration Property from Test Suite Runner

Post by growlands » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Is it possible to set the Iteration property for a test from the Test Suite Runner? If not, is this something planned for the future?

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Setting Iteration Property from Test Suite Runner

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi growlands,

This is not possible at this time. I recommend creating a new feature request on our User Voice platform as I can see this being a very useful feature. It means more when the request comes from you directly than from me. If you create a new feature request, remember to post it here for more visibility! Fortunately, there are a couple of workarounds you can use

The first one involves manually editing the test suite file (open with notepad):

Code: Select all

<testcase
	id="f3169e5e-7b1d-4a45-a236-992fafa8db5d"
	🢂 iterationcount="100" 🢀
	name="TestCase">
</testcase>
The second method uses an empty data source to iterate a test container. First, create a simple data source with the maximum number of rows you will ever iterate (you can hold {enter} to quickly add rows). Next, attach it to the test container you want to control the iteration count on. Once complete, the data range can be edited via the external test suite runner to control the number of iterations (which can also be set via our command line interface).
1.png
1.png (15.62 KiB) Viewed 168 times

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned