Several Bugs since Ranorex 9.2

Bug reports.
RanoKarl

Several Bugs since Ranorex 9.2

Post by RanoKarl » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:50 pm

Hello,

we use Ranorex in our company since several years for several of our projects, but since version Ranorex 9.2 we face several issues across all solutions. 9.3 didn't fix them, so it's time to report them.

The problem with most of the problems: They happen at random, so I cannot provide a certain workflow to reproduce them. We use Windows 10 on our computers.

- The renaming of modules leads into an inconsistant state. In most cases if you want to correct letters from lower case to upper case or the other way around, not all occurances of the module (as file and in the solution) are renamed correctly and the module is not found anymore. Same with the removal of a module: Sometimes, the module is deleted, but not the two files related to the module.

- Sometimes if you start the solution, modules or elements are not found. If you restart the solution again, they are found. It seems to be totally random. It happened that I started the solution and an element or module which I didnt touch in months was not found, but found when I started it a second time.

- If you work in usercode, empty namespaces where created while compiling the code. This leaded into multiple empty namespaces of the same kind in the usercode while which obviously caused errors.

At least problem 1 and 2 happened in 9.3. The third one didn't, but I havent worked with usercode recently.

I would like to know if any of those bugs are known to you already or if we would need to provide further input so this can be fixed.

Best Regards

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Several Bugs since Ranorex 9.2

Post by odklizec » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi,

I can confirm the first bug from your list. It was already discussed here:
renaming-recordings-in-rx-studio-doesn- ... 16627.html

As for the other two bugs, I can't comment them, because I've never saw them, nor I remember any discussion about similar issues?

I think the best you can probably do, is to create a support ticket here:
https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

RanoKarl

Post by RanoKarl » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We'll create reports for issue 2) and 3) at the next occurance so we can provide as many details as possible.

m.allinger

Post by m.allinger » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:54 am

Wir können dem zustimmen. Auch bei uns gibt es alle diese oben genannten Probleme. Das verlängert die Arbeitszeit mit Ranorex deutlich! Gibt es bereits bugfixes?