Software under test getting close while capturing Xpath from spy tool

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
saurabhsingh087

Software under test getting close while capturing Xpath from spy tool

Post by saurabhsingh087 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:37 pm

After some window update my software under testing is getting close while capturing Xpath of 1 particular window. This was working fine earlier.
I have observed 2 cases in this as mentioned below:

1. When no project is open on the Ranorex tool: I am able to capture the Xapth of the window and software under test is not getting closed. But with this captured XPath the script is not running and not able to identify the element.

2. When project is open on the Ranorex tool: While capturing the Xpath the whole software under test is getting closed and unable to capture the Xpath.

This was working file earlier but with the same Xpath (captured earlier) the software under test is getting closed when i run the test script.

I am attaching the snapshots of 2 windows on which I am facing the problem.

Please suggest what to do?
Attachments
savewindow.rxsnp
(70.97 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
HTMLExport.rxsnp
(68.93 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Software under test getting close while capturing Xpath from spy tool

Post by odklizec » Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 am

Hi,

It seems that you are using an obsolete and no longer supported Ranorex 9.1.1? Please update to most recent 9.3.1. and try to reproduce your issue with this version. If it still happens, then please contact Ranorex support and request a remote session with them, so they can check and analyze the problem directly on your machine.

Also, it seems you are using an outdated Windows version 1803 from 2018? And because the dialogs you are trying to capture are system dialogs, I would suggest to update windows with something more recent as well.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

saurabhsingh087

Post by saurabhsingh087 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:29 am

After updating my Ranorex and Windows OS to latest version still it is not working.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am

Hi,

Well, I'm afraid, that this kind of issue is impossible to solve without access to your test and particular PC. In other words, it requires a remote session with Ranorex folks. Therefore, please create a support ticket and request a remote session with them, so they can check and analyze this behavior on your particular machine.

BTW, have you tried it on another PC? Also, have you tried to reinstall all system requirements, listed here:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... uirements/
From the description of the problem and because it crashes on system dialog, it really sounds like a problem with your OS.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration