Some element are not visible in Ranorex Spy. Why?

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
aravin

Some element are not visible in Ranorex Spy. Why?

Post by aravin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 am

Hi Friends,

While performing automation in iOS Application, I found that some elements are visible and it is not recognized in ranorex spy.

It is actually Cordova html module embedded into ios app. I even tried image based object identification. It can recognize the image but unable to click that image. (burger menu)

Kindly provide me solution. :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Some element are not visible in Ranorex Spy. Why?

Post by odklizec » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:45 am

Hi,

At first, it would be very helpful if you could post a Ranorex snapshot of your application. Please find how to create one here:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... files.html

As for your problem, there may be at least two reasons of the issue. Ranorex does not support given control or worse, Ranorex does not have access to this control. You see, to be able to automate an iOS apps, the app in question must be instrumented. The problem is, that even if the app is instrumented, Ranorex does not have access to iOS system apps and controls, including web browser! So I guess the problem is in the integrated HTML browser? But it's hard to say without seeing the snapshot of your app.

I would suggest you to test your HTML page with Ranorex RxBrowser for iOS. You can find it here:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... chive.html
If spy is able to identify the elements of your control in that browser, then the problem is definitely in the integrated browser in your app. Hope this helps?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

aravin

Re: Some element are not visible in Ranorex Spy. Why?

Post by aravin » Mon May 04, 2015 5:57 am

Hi Pavel Kudrys,

Thanks for your support.

1. For security reason, I can't reveal snapshot or screenshot of our application in Ranorex Spy. (sorry for that :/)

2. I will check with HTML element in Ranorex browser.

Get back to you with status. 8)