Spreadsheet Adapter

Ask general questions here.
barkha

Spreadsheet Adapter

Post by barkha » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Hello,
I am trying to access a spreadsheet in my application similar to excel. However, I am not sure how to access it in code, When I click on any cell it gets noted as coordinates and not as ow in column. I know how to access a table.
Currently I am just using clipboard verification for some validations but it will be real nice if I can validate all data at once.
Thanks

asdf

Re: Spreadsheet Adapter

Post by asdf » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi Barkha,

Please post a Ranorex Snapshot of your application under test.
Also please take a look at the code examples on Ranorex Website. There is an example on how to validate a whole table at once.

Sincerely,
asdf

Stub

Post by Stub » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 am

I have to use RawText via GDI Capture to read our desktop app spreadsheet, as it's not accessible via Ranorex.

barkha

Post by barkha » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:04 pm

Hello,
I could not share the snapshot , However, Here is how its arranged in the controls. I am trying to access the cells in ppspread but it does not identify individual cells in the spreadsheets. :| :| :| :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid that without (at very least) snapshot, there is nothing anyone here (including support folks) can do or suggest. Even with snapshot, it may be impossible to suggest something reliable. I would suggest to contact directly Ranorex folks at [email protected]. They may arrange a remote session with you and eventually provide some suggestions.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

barkha

Post by barkha » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:00 pm

Hello,
So I reached a conclusion that fpspreadsheets are not supported yet. For my purposes , I simply traverse using tabs and copy the data I want to validate. Then I use the Code Example Validate clipboard to verify the value. It is not the best way but Since I need to only look some values it works as for now.
Just in case .