Spy:Add to Repository not adding to repository in studio

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
jminch270159

Spy:Add to Repository not adding to repository in studio

Post by jminch270159 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Operating system: Windows XP, Ranorex 3.0.4

Trying to locate a check mark on an SAP application, go into Spy and track, it comes up with
RawImage 'MKFEZBNM' in the element browser in Spy and in the path it gives
/form[@title='CSR III']/element/rawimage[@id='MKFEZBNM']

when I right click on that add to Repository or Add to Repository (incl. Children) I don't find that raw image in studio under FormCSR_III and searching the repository does not show any hits for MKFEZBNM.

In Settings in both studio and spy I've set the current repository to the same repository namespace and repository class name.

What else needs to be checked to get spy in synch with studio in the repository?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spy:Add to Repository not adding to repository in studio

Post by Support Team » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi,
jminch270159 wrote:What else needs to be checked to get spy in synch with studio in the repository?
Do you use the integrated Studio Spy or do you use the the standalone spy. If you use the integrated one then the item will be added to the repository inside you project. But if you use the standalone Spy then the item will be moved repository of the standalone spy.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

jminch270159

Re: Spy:Add to Repository not adding to repository in studio

Post by jminch270159 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:09 am

I didn't know there was a difference between the View Spy next to Global Settings in studio and the start->programs->Ranorex #.#->Ranorex Spy. This worked, I was able to add the html dom that was just coming up as a custom container in my repository.