Spy doesn't work in Mozilla Firefox 7.0

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
nbrunner

Spy doesn't work in Mozilla Firefox 7.0

Post by nbrunner » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Hey everybody

I'm using the Ranorex Studio Version 3.2.1 and the Mozilla Firefox 7.0.
I want to take some elements from a webpage with the "Ranorex Spy". The problem is, that i can't select any element in the webpage. If I use the IE 8.0 it work's. But i would like to do my work with the Firefox 7.0 :-)

For example:
If I visit google and start the Ranorex spy and want to take the "search" element with the spy, the spy won't select the element. The spy is just on the outlines visible. (img in attachment)

need help!

nbrunner

Re: Spy doesn't work in Mozilla Firefox 7.0

Post by nbrunner » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 pm

can't attache my image!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spy doesn't work in Mozilla Firefox 7.0

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi,
nbrunner wrote:I'm using the Ranorex Studio Version 3.2.1 and the Mozilla Firefox 7.0.
I want to take some elements from a webpage with the "Ranorex Spy". The problem is, that i can't select any element in the webpage. If I use the IE 8.0 it work's. But i would like to do my work with the Firefox 7.0
Thank you for reporting this issue. We already know this bug and we will fix it with the next version of Ranorex. In Firefox 8.0 this works as expected, would it be possible to update your browser?
But if you want to work with Firefox 7, please navigate through the element tree in spy to reach your specific elements.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team