Strange issue with a couple of buttons

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
eldorado25

Strange issue with a couple of buttons

Post by eldorado25 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi all,

So I have a set of 3 different buttons that are essentially the same thing but search for different entities. These are inside a box that is reserved for that entity, you can have multiple entities and therefore multiple boxes, these are all given an index number which i use to identify which is the current entity being added/edited.

Currently only 1 of these buttons is working, the other 2 are not identified by the system when running - but when using the spy after a run on the same form it correctly identifies them - which only confuses me.
These buttons are identified by their name, title, and id. Where the name is the entity type, title includes the number (this is a variable), and id identifies which section of the form we are looking at (id is the same each time)

The only real difference I have noted between the working 1, and the 2 non-working items is that the icon in the repository is different.
The working 1 just has <-> as the icon to the left of it, where as the 2 non-working items have an [ab] icon suggesting I think that they are buttons.

I am very confused by this, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Strange issue with a couple of buttons

Post by odklizec » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi,

Please upload a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the problematic button(s) and xpath you are using, along with the error (ideally entire report) you are getting. Also, have you tried to create snapshot of buttons directly from recording (during runtime)? This could eventually show differences in UI during test runtime.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration