Support of IntelliTest

Ask general questions here.
Eamonn

Support of IntelliTest

Post by Eamonn » Tue May 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Does Ranorex support IntelliTest? As found in Visual Studio Enterprise 2015.

krstcs

Re: Support of IntelliTest

Post by krstcs » Tue May 02, 2017 4:53 pm

That is a pretty broad question. Can you explain exactly what aspects of IntelliTest you are wanting to know about? What have you tried?

Since this isn't a Microsoft/IntelliTest site, most of us probably don't use/know about it, so some explanation might be in order to make sure we can give valid information.

Pretty much if it is .NET, Ranorex can be integrated with it, but we need to know more specifically what you are needing help with.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Eamonn

Post by Eamonn » Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm

A Ranorex solution I am using has a project named CommonLibrary and within this project it has a Class Library named CommonWindowsLibrary.cs. This Class library contains methods call by other project in the solution. I have referenced NUnit and MS Unit test frameworks in this Ranorecx solution. I have successfully executed a CommonWindowsLibraryTest.cs project which tested a number of the methods in the CommonWindowsLibrary class library. The CommonWindowsLibraryTest.cs Assert statements executed successfully and provided confidence in the methods created in the CommonWindowsLibrary.cs.
I copied the CommonWindowsLibrary.cs to a MS VisualStudio 2015 solution to avail of the IntelliTest features contained in VS 2015. This feature allwed me to generate all the stubs for the Class Library and generate all the unit tests necessary to cover all the code paths in each method.
My first question is; can I reference the Microsoft.Pex.Framework and Microsoft.Pex.Framework.Validation libraries in Ranorex (Pex is a Visual Studio add-in for testing .Net Framework applications. Pex automatically generates test suits with high code coverage using automated white box analysis.)?
If it is possible, then how do I reference them in Ranorex? I tried, the references display under the References in the Project view but generate a build error when added tot he class.
Pex error.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Wed May 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Are the DLLs dependent on the Visual Studio plugin?

If so, then there is no way to make it work without running completely in Visual Studio. Ranorex Studio (notice that Ranorex is the framework and is different than Ranorex Studio, which is the IDE) does not support Visual Studio plugins. The Ranorex framework will support it because it is simply a .NET application framework, but you will need to do all of your work in VS.
Shortcuts usually aren't...