Support Quetion

Ask general questions here.
siliyas

Support Quetion

Post by siliyas » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:40 am

Actually we are planning buy Ranorex license. But not sure about long term support. I have one question, how about long term support for Ranorex automation tool. How can I believe and invest in this tool ? Could you please give assurance in long term support?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Support Quetion

Post by odklizec » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:58 am

Hi and welcome here. I'm sorry to ask this, but what kind of assurance exactly do you expect to get (no offense)? Ranorex is here since 2006 and it gets better and better with each new release. So it's pretty unlikely it will disappear from the market anytime soon ;) As for support, each new license purchase is covered by a standard one year support, during which you will get all major/minor version of Ranorex released during that period. If you need more, you will have to renew your license every year. I would definitely suggest to do this if you expect to use Ranorex in a long term run. Hope this helps?
Last edited by odklizec on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Martin

Re: Support Quetion

Post by Martin » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:59 pm

I've worked on 2 different companies and positions where I have had to choose the best auotmation framework for our needs.

Both times the choice was made for Ranorex. The out-of-the-box support for different technologies is quite amazing and and the IDE + Ranorex logic is quite simple to get into.

It offers the possiblity for inexperienced testers to jump into automation without deep code knowledge and the process actually benefits the employee regarding understanding the .NET framework.

Furthermore, as Ranorex is built ontop of .NET and utilizes SharpDevelop you can extends the required functionality to meet your needs.

And as odklizec pointed out, the licensing will cover Support + Updates. In my experience it is a great idea to keep the licenses up to date as Ranorex itself is in ongoing development and the solution gets better and better with each release.

Martin