Synchronize Test Cases on Two Different Computers

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
sheafox

Synchronize Test Cases on Two Different Computers

Post by sheafox » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:43 pm

I have a scenario that I am trying to implement with Ranorex. My company creates software where two desktop software stores connect to a desktop home office. For example, store 1 transfer an item to a store 2. Once the item makes it to store 2, it has to be manually received. So essentially we have 2 store level version of our software running on two different computers. I am trying to figure out how to synchronize test cases so that test case 1 runs on computer 1 to send the inventory. While test case 2 running on computer 2 received the item into the store. Is this possible through virtual machines? Or with the remote agent?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Synchronize Test Cases on Two Different Computers

Post by odklizec » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:52 am

Hi,

How I understand the problem from you description, it should be enough to run the test case(s) for computer1 and then (after the first tests are finished), simply run another batch of tests on computer 2? I guess you will have to check (on computer2) if the item is already received? I don't know how fast/slow is your system of sending/receiving things, so I assume it may take some time to receive the item on computer2? In this case, it may be a good idea to add a waitforexists action in second batch of tests? I'm using Jenkins CI, so for me, the whole thing would be implemented as two consecutive test jobs, where the first job (once finished) will start the second job. But I guess it may be done also with remote agent directly from Ranorex Studio? Unfortunately, my knowledge of remote agents is limited, so I can't help you with this. As I'm using Jenkins, I don't have use for Ranorex remoting ;)
Last edited by odklizec on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

sheafox

Re: Synchronize Test Cases on Two Different Computers

Post by sheafox » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Thank you. I think I understand what we need to do now.