Table for a Nested Grid In Winforms Application Not Exposed

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
kkfran

Table for a Nested Grid In Winforms Application Not Exposed

Post by kkfran » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:02 pm

I have an issue in a Winforms application with DevExpress 16.1.8 grid controls. There is one grid with three levels of gridviews (nested grids). If the first column in the lowest level is hidden, then the table for the second level isn't found (undesired behavior). I used the "Highlight Element" and "Track" feature in Ranorex Spy and cannot get it to highlight the second table. If I make the first column in the lowest level visible, then the table is found (desired behavior). DevExpress has demo applications that get distributed with the software. The problem can be replicated in the demo "GridUnboundMasterViewDynamic". In this demo, if you hide the first column in the lowest level, then you'll see this issue.

asdf

Re: Table for a Nested Grid In Winforms Application Not Exposed

Post by asdf » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi Kkfran,

May i ask you what is the exact name of the DevExpress demo? I cant find a demo called "GridUnboundMasterViewDynamic". Furthermore, may I asked which DevExpress control is used to reproduce your issue.

Kind regards,
asdf

krstcs

Re: Table for a Nested Grid In Winforms Application Not Exposed

Post by krstcs » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:48 pm

While tracking with Ranorex Spy, you can press the 'F12' key to temporarily disable identification. Use this to allow you to open the sub-grids and then release the key and identify the elements as desired.
Shortcuts usually aren't...