Test Case description field is removed when editing data bindings

Bug reports.
Stub

Test Case description field is removed when editing data bindings

Post by Stub » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:44 am

I've been restructuring my test project and started to notice my test description fields were becoming blank. I eventually determined that Ranorex Studio v8.2 is wiping the Description field whenever I edited the data bindings. I just reproduced this in a brand new project.
  • New project.
    Added a code module called "Parameterised" that takes a single parameter.
    Added this code module to my "TestCase".
    2x-click the Description field for "TestCase" and type in some text into the Description box on the General tab.
    Press OK. Text is shown in the Test Suite.
    2x-click the Data binding cell for the "Parameterised" code module and setup or edited a Parameter on the Data binding tab.
    Press OK on the Data binding tab => my Description has been removed by Ranorex Studio!
Looks like I have to press OK on the General tab to retain my Description, perhaps.

RanorexTestCaseDescriptionBug.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Test Case description field is removed when editing data bindings

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi Stub,

Thank you for reporting this issue!

This is currently a known issue and is already being analyzed by our development team. I do not have a workaround per se, but the general workflow to avoid this issue should be to set your data bindings and then add descriptions afterward. I do not have a timeline currently but as usual, I would recommend checking the release notes with each subsequent release of Ranorex: https://www.ranorex.com/release-notes/

I hope this helps and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Regards,

Jon

Stub

Re: Test Case description field is removed when editing data bindings

Post by Stub » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Saw this noted as fixed in Ranorex v8.2.1. Looks good here. Thanks!