Test.exe crashes while running

Ask general questions here.
hghesani

Test.exe crashes while running

Post by hghesani » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:36 pm

I have a test case which waits for different pop ups to occur in a loop by using PopupInfo.Exists() , once the pop up occurs, it randomly selects the buttons to click from set of buttons with a range of control ids. While running the test , .exe file for this test stops working and crashes. I wanted to know what could be the potential reasons for this ? It does not happen all the time.

I have already tried extending the adapter.functionexecutiontimeout in the config xml located in the %appdata% folder.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Test.exe crashes while running

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, it's impossible to suggest anything reasonable without seeing your test, AUT, Ranorex version and test environment and crash/trace logs. Are you using most recent Ranorex? If you are using anything older than 9.0.1 or 9.1.0, please update Ranorex and check if the problem persists?

Also, it would be useful to see the windows crash log (if there is any crashlog in Windows event log) and of course, Ranorex trace logs. You can find the path to Ranorex tracelog in Ranorex settings (set log level to Trace). Then simply run your test and once it crashes, examine the log at specified location. Hope this helps?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

hghesani

Post by hghesani » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi

I ran the test case through the rxtst file, should still be looking at the RanorexStudio logs ? Or would the Test.log for the test.exe be the relevant log file ?

Thanks
Harsh

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:48 am

Hi,

If you are running test outside Ranorex studio, there should be created corresponding log for your test.exe.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

hghesani

Post by hghesani » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:06 am

Hi

I finally got the logs for the crash. This is what I see just before the crash :

2019-07-17 07:40:03.724| INFO|Ranorex.Report|User: Identifying a random button to click
2019-07-17 07:40:39.334|DEBUG|Ranorex.Core.LicensingConfiguration+LicensingNLogLogger|Will create dual mode TCP client.
2019-07-17 07:41:16.576| WARN|Ranorex.Plugin.MsaaFlavorElement|Getting the Msaa child using accChild failed. System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.StubHelpers.InterfaceMarshaler.ConvertToManaged(IntPtr pUnk, IntPtr itfMT, IntPtr classMT, Int32 flags)
at Accessibility.IAccessible.get_accChild(Object varChild)
at Ranorex.Plugin.MsaaFlavorElement.GetChildren(Boolean filter)

After this it crashes, and there is nothing else that is generated.
Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Hello Hghesani,

Based on the provided information it is difficult to determine the cause of the issue. If the application is truly crashing there will be entries in the windows event viewer. I would start there and provide a copy for analysis. Also, do you see the same behavior if you run your test from Ranorex Studio?

A quick guide on how to get the application crash logs in windows event viewer - https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-c ... o?id=10449

Regards,
Sean

hghesani

Post by hghesani » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:44 pm

I can confirm that it crashes because I see the window, which says test.exe is not responding. I will try to get the crash logs.

hghesani

Post by hghesani » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:17 pm

The following is the info from the event viewer :

Faulting application name: SemiAutomationTests.exe, version: 1.0.7110.27612, time stamp: 0x5d0bea89
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.6.1590.0, time stamp: 0x5787ef69
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000f7c2
Faulting process id: 0x2e5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d53c93e59ca8b0
Faulting application path: D:\RanorexTests\test\ranorex\SemiAutomationTests\SemiAutomationTests.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: ca1b68a0-a887-11e9-9f6a-0005b7e8f26d

There are two events reported at the same time. this is the second one :
Application: SemiAutomationTests.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 000007FEF22EF7C2 (000007FEF22E0000) with exit code 80131506.

Please let me know if you need anything else

Harsh

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:27 pm

Hello Hghesani,

The exception code thrown is due to a Memory Access Violation, I recommend running in debug mode to analyze your code to see where the exception is being thrown - https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... debugging/

Alternatively, if you would like for us to investigate this issue privately please create a support query here https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/ including all relevant information and a copy of your solution.

Regards,
Sean

hghesani

Post by hghesani » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi Sean

The issue happens intermittently and the build used here is 64 bit. I am not sure if ranorex supports debugging in 64 bit. Additionally, if I was to get the location where this crash happens by using logging instead of debugging would that help ?

What are the other reasons memory access violations can occur ?

Harsh

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi Harsh,

I have replied to your new support ticket on this topic. We can continue troubleshooting this issue there.

For all others, I will post the end summary & solution once one is found.

Cheers,
Ned