Test execution progress window not showing in 6.0.2

Ask general questions here.
ziasim

Test execution progress window not showing in 6.0.2

Post by ziasim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:40 am

Hi,

I just upgraded Ranorex v6.0.0 to v6.0.2 and tried to run some tests on new version. Execution progress window is not showing which usually appears in bottom right corner of screen.

Any clue what's going wrong :? :?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Test execution progress window not showing in 6.0.2

Post by odklizec » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:46 am

Hi,

There was a bug in 6.0 and 6.1, which somehow prevented the progress dialog to be shown. This bug should be fixed in 6.0.2. Please examine the Test Suite settings, if the test progress dialog is enabled (checked)?
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... suite.html
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ziasim

Post by ziasim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:11 pm

Well this is something interesting...........

First, in v6.0.2, progress bar check box was unchecked when I look onto it. After enabling this option, execution progress window starts appearing.

After doing upgrade from v6.0.0 to v6.0.2, I didn't do any change in test suite settings. Does it mean that upgrade process made this change????

On same installation with v6.0.0, i never change this setting, I always use what default settings have been done. I am sure this check box always set to un-check but execution progress window always appear whenever I ran any tests.

To prove my point, I had 2 another installations of v6.0.0 on two different machines, I just checked on them. This check box is un-chcked on both installation but when I run any test on any of those machines, progress window appears always 8) 8) .

So which setting is right and which one is wrong?????? I am confused now

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:17 pm

The bug appears to be that the upgrade process unchecks that box on some occasions. The Ranorex team knows more about it and they are working on a fix, but when that will be release is unknown by any of us.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Hello ziasim,

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the issue. I disabled the setting "Show Progress Dialog" in Ranorex 6.0.0 and upgraded Ranorex to 6.0.2. The setting was still disabled in Ranorex 6.0.2 and the progress dialog did not pup up during the test run.
I would recommend uninstalling Ranorex completely, restart the machine and install 6.0.2 again.

Please let me know if this doesn't solve the problem.

Regards,
Bernhard

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:47 pm

Bernhard,

The problem is the opposite of what you described.

In 5.4.X, the checkbox was CHECKED, then when upgrading to 6.0.0 it was unchecked somehow, without user intervention.

There are a few other threads about this issue and I was told in my bug report a few weeks ago that it was already a known issue and was being worked on.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello krstcs,

Thank you for your answer. I think there is a missunderstanding. ziasim describes an issue that the progress dialog is not shown after upgrading from Ranorex 6.0.0 to 6.0.2.
I just upgraded Ranorex v6.0.0 to v6.0.2 and tried to run some tests on new version. Execution progress window is not showing which usually appears in bottom right corner of screen.
You are correct, I described the opposite way, but I could also not reproduce the issue that the setting "Show Progress Dialog" gets disabled when updating from 6.0.0 to 6.0.2.

You are correct, we had a bug in 6.0.0 that the "Show Progress Dialog" checkbox was unchecked for the test suite when saving test case properties. Maybe this issue is related to it, but this one should be fixed. The upgrade itself was not really the problem.

Please let me know if I understand something wrong.

Regards,
Bernhard

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:47 pm

My guess would be that ziasim (or someone on his team) edited the other properties in 6.0.0 (but not specifically the "Show Progress Dialog" box) and saved it, right before the upgrade to 6.0.2, and just didn't realize that the issue was in 6.0.0.

You are correct though, I haven't seen it in 6.0.2 as it was fixed there, according to patch notes, but it did happen to me in 6.0.1 (I skipped 6.0.0 due to test requirements).

Anyway, it should not be happening after the update to 6.0.2.

Thanks Bernhard!