When I execute a test from the Ranorex Studio, the test works fine. But when I use the generated .exe (form the DEBUG folder), the test stops during execution, and I cannot figure out why.
My test stops at a moment when it is supposed to click on a button. Here is the line from the CMD window just before the test stops :
Then nothing happens. The CMD window goes back to "C\Users\...\bin\Debug" (the folder from which I launched .exe). I get no automatic report on the test execution. When I check the generated RXLOG report, I see that the test execution is still ongoing ("Test in progress"). No error is shown, nothing.[2017/06/19 16:13:29.449][Info ][Mouse]: Mouse Left Click item 'MyAppFrontOffice.ButtonConnexion' at 12;10.
Here is what I have tried so far:
- I have checked google, could not find anything.
- I have launched the .exe from the command line (CMD) with DEBUG logging enabled. I cannot see anything out of the ordinary.
- I have checked the generated RXLOG report but I don't get any information from it because the report thinks the test is still in progress.
- I have used the "highlight Element" function on last step before failure (the "MyAppFrontOffice.ButtonConnexion") and the application clearly finds the right button. Which is consistent with the fact that when launching the test from Ranorex Studio, the test works fine.
- I made sure the SearchTimeout is 30 seconds.
Before I start posting project files or whatever, is there anything I should be doing / anywhere I should be looking to get more information about what happens?
Thank you for your help.