Test failed during run within set of tests but successful when run as single test run

Ask general questions here.
User avatar
felixk91
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Test failed during run within set of tests but successful when run as single test run

Post by felixk91 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:41 am

Hi Everyone,

I got some situation that I can't get how to resolve.
I have set of 24 tests, Each test run successfully as a single test run. But if I run all tests together as set run then some of this tests failing. Also if I run set a few times tests that failed in one rune can run successfully on the next run and vise versa.
Could you suggest some way to resolve this situation, or provide me with the direction I can look into to resolve it.

Thanks,
Felix.

User avatar
odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru
Posts: 6168
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 am
Location: Zilina, Slovakia

Re: Test failed during run within set of tests but successful when run as single test run

Post by odklizec » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:24 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, that there is not enough info regarding your problem, to provide a reasonable answer. Please answer the following questions:
Ranorex version?
Exact error message you getting? Ideally, please share entire Ranorex report, so we can see and evaluate the error.
If there is an error regarding not found element, please post entire xpath for given element (as stored in repository) and a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the failing element/entire AUT in state just before accessing the element.
There is nothing anyone here can do or suggest, without the above details. Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

User avatar
felixk91
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Test failed during run within set of tests but successful when run as single test run

Post by felixk91 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:53 am

Hi odklizec,

Thank you for reply.
I found the problem with set run, I had some timing issue to catch dialog.
But now I have strange situation: in case I am running test using Ranorex full studio instance with full licence it runs fine. However. if I run tests using Ranorex Test Suite Runner with run-time licence it fails each test.
Any idea why it could happen?
I got Ranorex 9.2.1

Thanks,
Felix.

User avatar
odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru
Posts: 6168
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 am
Location: Zilina, Slovakia

Re: Test failed during run within set of tests but successful when run as single test run

Post by odklizec » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:15 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, without knowing the exact error, it's impossible to tell what's wrong? Could you please provide exact error message (ideally entire report)? In case the test fails to find an element, please post a Ranorex snapshot of the failing element (or entire app) and exact xpath as you are using it in repository.

Also, in case it always fails at the same place, it may be a good idea to add a Create snapshot action to failing recording, ideally right before the expected failure (take the snapshot of entire app). Then you can open the snapshot from report and examine if the failing xpath is available in the snapshot/app or not.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration