Test Module '{name}' has been deleted and is still reference

Bug reports.
MikeV

Test Module '{name}' has been deleted and is still reference

Post by MikeV » Tue May 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Using Ranorex Studio 4.0.3, but this has been happening with earlier versions. Windows 7 64-bit and XP 32-bit, so the OS is not part of the problem.

I have a Solution named "Common", which contains common code that I use in other Solutions, by going into the other Solution and using the Add Reference feature. One of the other Solutions is named SA, so I'll use that as the example. When I look at the list of References in the Project pane of Ranorex Studio, Common is in the list. I am able to drag and drop my Common modules from the Ranorex Module Browser pane, including them in a Test Case.

Sometimes I will close the SA solution, then open the Common solution, make changes to the modules in Common and rebuild it, close Common, then open SA. When I try to rebuild SA, I get the following warning for every Ranorex Usercode Module:

"Test Module '{name}' has been deleted and is still referenced by Test Suite file '{name}.rxtst'. Click to resolve the problem."

In the Projects pane, I can right click on "Common" in the References list, and select Refresh, but rebuilding after that still does not get rid of the warnings.

The Test Modules are all there. I still see them in the Projects pane, but they no longer appear in the Ranorex Module Browser pane. If I close down Ranorex Studio completely, then open the SA solution and rebuild it, it builds without any warning errors.

I'm reporting this as a bug in Ranorex Studio, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. If so, what? I don't think I should have to close the Studio in order to force the build to work.

MikeV

Re: Test Module '{name}' has been deleted and is still reference

Post by MikeV » Tue May 07, 2013 9:23 pm

I guess I should add that I use the "Release" build for both Common and SA solutions...not "Debug".

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed May 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce this issue.

You wrote that it happens sometimes.
Is it possible to narrow down this issue when it happens.

Regards,
Markus (T)

MikeV

Post by MikeV » Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 pm

I tried to reproduce this, using a fresh install of Ranorex Studio 4.0.3, and creating a couple of solutions from scratch, but I was not able to do so. It probably has something to do with the specific modules that are in our solutions, or maybe the way we configure Ranorex Studio. I don't have time to try to narrow down the problem right now, but when I can devote more time to it, I will.

Thanks for looking into it, Markus!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri May 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your information.

Regards,
Markus (T)

MikeV

Post by MikeV » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:18 pm

This has not happened for several releases now. I would guess that it got fixed when the Ranorex developers changed code to handle a related problem. As far as I am concerned, the issue is closed. I am running Ranorex 4.1.5 right now.