Test Sequence including all Test Suites in Compressed Report

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
Stub

Test Sequence including all Test Suites in Compressed Report

Post by Stub » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:32 am

I normally use the Ranorex v9.3.2 command line to run particular Test Suites so that I can generate compressed report files e.g.

Code: Select all

"C:\Path\bin\Release\ProductTests.exe"
 /zr
 /zrf:"C:\Path\Reports\CompressedReport.rxzlog"
 /ts:"C:\Path\bin\Release\ProductTests.rxtst"
 /rc:"TestRun"
But I've recently started letting a Test Sequence take over, rather than running Tests Suites individually. I do this by omitting the /ts and /rc parameters.

However, I've noticed that the compressed report files that Rx generates only include the final Test Suite in the entire Test Sequence, whereas I want to see all of the report files, one for each Test Suite that is being executed by the Test Sequence. I can see each individual UNcompressed report file sat on the HDD in another location, so I can archive and assemble those manually.

I was wondering what the trick I was missing was? Is this a case of, "you don't want to do it like that!" perhaps?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Test Sequence including all Test Suites in Compressed Report

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Hi!

Please contact us via the links below and we will be more than happy to further assist you with this! If you do contact us, please include a link to this thread so we can provide the solution once found.

Kind Regards,
Ranorex Team