Test Status for Continuous Execution

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
puniar

Test Status for Continuous Execution

Post by puniar » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:14 am

Hi,

We are using the Ranorex for the application testing and we have created a series of solutions to be executed. All these executions are put up in a BAT file with each test suite one after the other. While doing such execution we are facing a problem where in one of the test suites doesn't gets executed due to some application exceptions and the remaining test suites are not continued further. This results in a report which mentions all the subsequent test suites are skipped due to one of the failure in test case.

I am looking for a solution to proceed further even though one of my test suites failed. How can this be achieved?

Regards,
Punith
Regards,
Punith

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Test Status for Continuous Execution

Post by Support Team » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi puniar,

Check out our user guide page on test container error behavior as I believe this is what you are looking for to control what happens when a module fails. Also note, you should have at least one [TEARDOWN] region in your test suite to ensure the AUT is put back in a state that the next test is expecting, even if there is a failure.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned

puniar

Post by puniar » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 am

Thanks Ned.
The solution you have shared is being used and works fine within a Test Solution.

The Problem is we have multiple test solutions, So each Test Solution is unique. Now i need all the solution.exe to be run together in a sequential pattern. Which is currently handled through BAT Files, where all EXE are put up sequential.
Here the problem we are facing is, once we run the BAT file and one of the Test Solution fails the rest of the Solutions are not triggered and it gives the status as skipped.
Regards,
Punith

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:30 am

Hi,

This problem is BAT-related behavior and not Ranorex-related issue. I think you can find solution here:
https://superuser.com/questions/527812/ ... r-an-error
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

puniar

Post by puniar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi Odklizec,

Thanks for the response. Would give a try on the same.

Regards,
Punith A
Regards,
Punith