Test Suite and reusing modules

Ask general questions here.
tallahassee101

Test Suite and reusing modules

Post by tallahassee101 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to reuse the same module within a test case but it is not letting me. I have a recording that I would like to run 8 different times, each time with a different variable value for a string. It seems the only way i can do this is by creating 8 different test cases because when I try to add the existing module to the same test i get "A module with the same name already exists." and there doesn't seem to be a way to rename the module after it has been added.

A bug I found while doing this: If you add a new test case and rename it, then add 1 existing module to that test case it renames the test case to the name of the existing module.

tallahassee101

Re: Test Suite and reusing modules

Post by tallahassee101 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:37 pm

I see now that you can add a test case within a test case, so I guess this is the easiest way to go about what I was asking. I still see that bug though with the test case being automatically renamed.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Test Suite and reusing modules

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 am

Hi,
tallahassee101 wrote: I have a recording that I would like to run 8 different times, each time with a different variable value for a string.
Just use a simple data table or another data connector to loop trough different values for a recording:
Data Driven Testing
tallahassee101 wrote: I try to add the existing module to the same test i get "A module with the same name already exists." and there doesn't seem to be a way to rename the module after it has been added.
This limitation will be removed in a future release of Ranorex.
tallahassee101 wrote:I see now that you can add a test case within a test case, so I guess this is the easiest way to go about what I was asking. I still see that bug though with the test case being automatically renamed.
I can't see that bug. I tried to reproduce but it never renames the test case which was created before.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team