Test suite level Error message

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
Sampath

Test suite level Error message

Post by Sampath » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:23 pm

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestModuleLeaf.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext, Int32 iteration, Boolean skipIteration)"

I have three test cases in a smart folder. Whenever I execute the smart folder at test suite level, it fails with the above error message. But, when executed individually it runs perfectly.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Sampath on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

krstcs

Re: Test suite level Error message

Post by krstcs » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Without a LOT more information, we're not going to be able to help much.

You don't list what version of Ranorex you're using, or all the steps you're taking to get to this point. You should, at the very least, include your Ranorex solution, or make a new one that demonstrates the issue.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Vaughan.Douglas

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:55 pm

The error message specifically means you're not instantiating the object. You're telling Ranorex "Hey go do something with THIS" but fail to specify what "THIS" is.

I suspect you're overlooking something simple, but like krstcs said we don't have enough information to help find a specific answer. Debug your code and look at what's throwing the error and make sure you've declared it properly.
Doug Vaughan

Sampath

Post by Sampath » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:21 am

Thank you all. I was able to solve the issue. It was a negligible mistake from my side.